This site being presently under construction. For any question regarding the French International Register please contact RIF@equipement.gouv.fr
The French International Register ( RIF)
In view of the harmonisation of the EU policies, of the reinforcement of safety and security at sea, developing ship owners competitiveness and maritime employment, a new shipping register for vessels trading deep sea and international cabotage, as well as commercially operated leisure vessels over 24 meters LOA :
the French International Register has been implemented by the law of may 3rd 2005.
This new register takes place of the French Austral and Antarctic Territories register (TAAF).
Ships registered in the RIF will be submitted to any safety and security, certification and training , health and safety at work , and environmental protection rules applicable as per French law , European regulations and France international commitments.
Merchant vessels under French flag are presently in the Paris MOU (1) white list which confirms the quality of French ships with regard to respect of international safety rules.
The advantages of the French International Register are :
- The RIF is a EU registry
- The RIF register offers all guarantees with regard to ships safety and security
- The RIF offers simplified administrative procedures with regard to registering through a “Guichet Unique”, which will assist the ship owners/operators in their relations with the French Administration
- The RIF registration is accompanied by various fiscal and exonerations measures
- The RIF sets a social base for seafarers residing outside France
- The RIF sets nationality rules with regard to the crew
(1) The Paris MOU consists in 22 participating maritime Administrations and covers the waters of the European coastal States and the North Atlantic basin from North America to Europe. The Paris MOU aims at eliminating the operation of sub-standard ships through a harmonized system of port State control.
Navires de plaisance professionnelle / Commercially operated large yachts (Format pdf - 1.6 Mb - 07/09/2009) brochure d’information / information brochure